Vatican II Series, An Update

This post follows closely on Andy's very well written post on the Ecumenical Councils and Vatican II.

About a month ago, I began to do a commentary on the Second Vatican Council's document on the Church. However recently, while searching the North American College's Library for books on the liturgy to supplement my class in the sacred liturgy, I encountered a commentary on the documents of the Second Vatican Council and one of the authors happened to be a certain Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger. It was at that point that I realized my desire to do commentaries of the documents of Vatican II on the blog was a bit, to say the least, over ambitious. I certainly will not have anything more to offer than the former prefect for the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith who acted as one of the periti (expert theologians) at the Council itself. That being said, I would like to begin doing small summaries of each of the 16 documents so people that haven't read the documents will have some idea of what they are, and then hopefully go on to read the documents themselves.

I hope you find these fruitfull and I will try to begin soon.